Saturday, March 3, 2012

February: My Month in Books

Guys, a question – where did February go? Seriously. Between working and starting uni, I feel like it just completely flew by. I’m still getting a lot of reading done on my daily commute, so here’s a little run-down of what I’ve read this month and my reading plans for March.

Total books read: 6
Bittersweet – Sarah Ockler
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo – Stieg Larsson
The Girl Who Played With Fire – Stieg Larsson
The Reluctant Hallelujah – Gabrielle Williams
Dead, Actually – Kaz Delaney
The Fault in Our Stars – John Green

Bittersweet left me with mixed feelings. There were elements I really liked (ice hockey and cupcakes) but just wasn’t really emotionally invested in the story and it’s characters (except for Bug). I kind of feel I’m one of the last people to read Stieg Larrson’s Millenium trilogy (though I’m saving the last book until next week). I’ve been really enjoying the books and feel like they are living up to the hype (so far).

The Reluctant Hallelujah was one of my most eagerly anticipated 2012 reads and wowsers it was worth it (I adored Gab Williams’ Beatle Meets Destiny). Hopefully I’ll review it soon. I had also been really looking forward to reading Dead, Actually (after getting a sneaky peek at it a while back). It’s a really fun read and I can’t wait to share my thoughts on it with you all.

And then there was The Fault in Our Stars. A word of warning: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK WHILE ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT. You will cry and it will be embarrassing. Learn from my mistakes. You all know I’m a total JG fangirl, and yes, I loved TFioS. It’s a really beautiful book and I definitely recommend reading it (with tissues nearby.)

Books I attempted to read (but didn’t finish): 1
Everything’s Eventual – Stephen King. I got through about 75% of it and enjoyed some of the short stories more than others. This was borrowed from the library and I kind of just ran out of time!

What I’m looking forward to reading in March:
I’m currently re-reading This is Shyness before I dive into Queen of the Night (which is currently sitting on my bedside table and oh my goodness, it’s so hard not to just devour it). I’m also looking forward to finishing the Millenium trilogy with The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

What did you read in February?


(I just really wanted to excuse to post this gif!)

3 comments:

Nomes said...

i HAVE YET TO READ THE dRAGON tATTOO BOOKS AS WELL, i JUST GOT the first one out from my library, so hopefully I'll get to it this month :)

Glad to know you enjoyed the reluctant hallelujah ~ i have it on my shelf but am waiting for my blah mood to pass so i can enjoy it properly :)

kate.o.d said...

i hardly read a thing! (it was awfully disappointing). i read the john green and loved it - ie i cried a lot. and i reread graffiti moon and i read about three chapters of a visit from the goon squad.

i read reluctant hallelujah last year (very strangely, perhaps miraculously (!?!?), a friend got an advance in the mail) and i didn't love it. but now it is in book form i am reading it again.

Miss Friday said...

Nomes - ohhh I hope you like Dragon Tattoo! I found it took me a while to get into (and I was easily confused by all the Swedish names!) but I loved the plot and pace. And look forward to hearing your thoughts on TRH!

Kate - haha, glad you enjoyed TFioS. I cried rather a lot too in the last third of the book. You've also reminded me how badly I need to re-read Graffiti Moon. I also want to hear your thoughts on TRH!

Post a Comment